More about the workshop:
The workshop begins with an introduction to linocut, everyone is taught how to use the carving tools and the basic cutting techniques. An initial practice block is made which allows students to experiment with mark making. Students are often surprised at how quickly their skills develop.
Next you will spend time composing your design. You may wish to bring some of your own images to work from, however plenty of inspiration is at hand to help you decide.
You will be shown how to ink your lino block and how to burnish prints by hand, you will also learn how to use the antique cast iron book presses.
Everyone will take home a set of lino block printed cards and envelopes, their original carving and mark making block and a copy of Oxford Linocut Workshops printmaking guide booklet to remind you of all the techniques used on the day.
The workshop is hands-on, creative and very informative. It is suitable for complete beginners and those with some experience. Everything is explained clearly with demonstrations.
Lots of support and advice is given throughout. There will be plenty of individual tuition time.
All tools and materials are provided including: carving gouges, linoleum, drawing equipment, non-slip mat, inks, rollers, cards & envelopes, aprons, as well as complimentary tea, coffee and cake!
Please bring a packed lunch with you, there is a cooler where you can keep it.
£55 total, there are no extra charges.
If you are booking a workshop as a gift and would like a gift certificate to be sent to you by email please add a note to the booking.
Please let me know if you would prefer to pay by cheque
Please note Covid-19 precautions:
- To allow for social distancing there will be no more than 5 guests per workshop.
- Each guest will be provided with their own set of tools and equipment to use during the workshop.
- Hand sanitiser will be available on arrival and at each work place.
- Guests are asked to bring their own face covering to wear in the studio.
- A new cleaning regime is in place and all equipment as well as the studio is cleaned carefully after each workshop.
- Anyone who has been in contact with, or experiencing symptoms of covid-19 in the last 14 days, please message as soon as possible and your workshop place will be deferred to a later date at no extra cost.
Lino Printing Workshop
Sunday 25th October 11-3.30pm
Thursday 29th October 11-3.30pm
If you have a group of two - five people, then a private workshop can be arranged - please get in touch to set a date
private workshop for two: £150
private workshop for three: £200
private workshop for four: £230