October Workshop dates coming soon
More about the workshop:
The workshop begins with an introduction to linocut, everyone is taught how to use the carving tools and the basic cutting techniques. An initial practice block is made which allows students to experiment with mark making. Students are often surprised at how quickly their skills develop.
Everyone will be guided through the process of designing repeating patterns and you will be shown how to ink your lino block and how to print onto fabric.
You may wish to bring some of your own images to work from, however there will be plenty of inspiration at hand to help you plan your design.
Your printed fabric panels could be made into cushion covers, sewn into bags, used for upholstery etc.
Everyone will take home their original carvings and mark making block, their test prints and block printed fabric panels, as well as a copy of Oxford Linocut Workshops printmaking guide booklet to remind you of all the techniques used on the day.
The workshop is hands-on, creative and very informative. It is suitable for beginners and those with some experience.
Everything is explained clearly with demonstrations.
Lots of support and advice is given throughout and there will be plenty of individual tuition time.
All tools and materials are provided including: carving gouges, linoleum, drawing equipment, non-slip mat, inks, rollers, and fabrics to print on as well as complimentary tea, coffee and cake!
Please note Covid-19 precautions for all workshops:
- To allow for social distancing there will be no more than 5 guests per workshop.
- Each guest will be provided with their own set of tools and equipment to use during the workshop.
- Hand sanitiser will be available on arrival and at each work place.
- Guests are asked to bring their own face covering to wear in the studio.
- A new cleaning regime is in place and all equipment as well as the studio is cleaned carefully after each workshop.
- Anyone who has been in contact with, or experiencing symptoms of covid-19 in the last 14 days will NOT be permitted to the workshop. In this situation please message as soon as possible and your workshop place will be deferred to a later date at no extra cost.
Lino Printing on Fabric Workshop
£65 total, there are no extra charges.
Please bring a packed lunch with you, there is a cooler where you can keep it.
If you are booking a workshop as a gift and would like a gift certificate to be sent to you by email please add a note to the booking.
Please let me know if you would prefer to pay by cheque.